Helembu about 72 kilometers northeast of Kathmandu, is noted for its scenic grandeur and pleasant climate. The Helambu region, extending from north of Taramarang to the tree limit of the Gosainkunda Lake and lower slopes of Jugal Himal, has several highland Tamang and Sherpa villages, scattered on both sides of the Malemchi Khola.
This trek is rated as an easier trek because the elevations are lower, ranging between 800m. and 3600m., which indicates less climbing and warmer temperatures. One advantage to this trek is there are fewer trekkers here than on the Annapurna trek and some parts of the Everest treks, but there is still a wide range of cultures and spectacular scenery.
- Starting from Sundarijal 1.30hrs drive from Kathmandu
- Ending at Melamchipul Bazaar, 4-5hrs drive to Kathmandu
- Highest access of the trek Helambhu/Thadepati (3000m))
- Culture Buddhist/Sherpa and Tamang Culture
- Mode of trekking tour Tea house (Lodge to Lodge)
- Himalayan sights Beautiful Langtang Himal and Gosaikuna himal, Gaurisankar, Ganesh himal, Annapurna etc
- Most Attraction of the trek Yak Farming and visiting monastery and Nice Himalayan views and experience the Sherpa culture
- Trip Duration 7-9 days
- Group Size 1(minimum)
- Best Time March, April, May and, September, Oct, Nov, December
- Per day walking 4 to 6 hours
- Grade Easy to Moderate