GANJALA PASS TREK>>
The trek starts from Sybru Bensi, ends at Melamchi Pul Bazar. From Sybru Bensi, you will follow the Langtang river to the east until you get to Kyanching Gompa (3,049.). Some 5 km to the south of Kyanching Gompa are the peaks of Naya Kanga (5,846m) and , to the south east, Ponggen Dopku (5,930m). Kyanching Gompa is surrounded by Mt Langtang Lirung (7245m ) on the west, Yala peak on the north , Dorje Lakpa(6966m), Urkeinmang(6387m), Loenpo Gang (6979) and Kangchenpo on the north-east.
When you are crossing the pass there are spectacular views of Langtang Lirung and the Tibetan peaks beyond. Much of this route is spent above 3,000m (10,000ft) .The highest point of this trek is Ganjala Pass (5,122m ). On the very pass of Ganjala , the last few 100m trail is precarious so we use a rope there for safety, though the utmost care is enough. The descent from the pass is on a steep slope for over 1 km which requires good care again. But the rest of the trail is easy and comfortable. As there are no lodges and no settlements for three days along the way, the group should be well equipped with enough food.
- Starting from Sybrubensi, 9-11hrs drive from Kathmandu
- Ending at Melamchipul Bazaar, 4-5hrs drive to Kathmandu
- Grade Difficult
- Highest access of the trek 5106 m (Gyanja Laa Pass)
- Culture Buddhist/Sherpa and Tamang Culture
- Mode of trekking tour Tea house (Lodge to Lodge) + tent (Camping) combine
- Himalayan sights Beautiful Langtang Himal range, Gosaikunda himal, Gangala, and Yala
- Most Attraction of the trek Yak Farming for Cheese and visiting monastery and Nice Himalayan views and experience the Sherpa culture
- Trip Duration 15
- Group Size 1(minimum)
- Best Time March, April, May and, September, Oct, Nov, Dec
- Per day walking 4 to 7 hours