Ganesh Himal Eco-Trek (off touristy region) >>
The central eastern region of Nepal is one of the most isolated and least explored area Nepal's Himalayas. Only a few foreigners are explored in the recent years. This region offers spectacular views, untouched natural splendor and wild and friendly inhabitations
The Ganesh Himal is named after the elephant-headed God of Good Fortune. The Ganesh Himal can clearly be seen from Kathmandu Valley. The Ganesh Range Peaks (Ganesh I, Ganesh II, Ganesh III, and Ganesh IV) stand out like crystal that is the "Great Himalayan Chain" forming the skyline. This great Himalayan massif is contained between the valley of the Buri Gandaki in the west and Bhote Koshi in the east, which becomes Trishuli Khola in the lower section.
- Starting Point Betrawati after riding 5 hours drive from Kathmandu
- Ending at Golabhanjyang, 6.00 hrs drive to Kathmandu.
- Grade Moderate to Strenuous.
- Culture Mixed :( Brahman, chetris, kami, damai, sarki, gurung, tamangs, magars etc).
- Highest access of trek Sing-la Pass (4400 meters) or Sing-la Top (4600m)
- Mode of trekking tour Camping only
- Himalayan Sight Ganesh Himal range, Manasalu, Langtnag, Annapurna South Etc.
- Special Attatraction Being closer to Ganesh Himal, real Nepalese life observation, and no lodges and off the beaten track
- Group size 1(Minimum)
- Group size 1(Minimum)
Day by Day Info
- Day 1 Arrivals in Kathmandu check in at hotel (after rest we show you bit around and have a well come dinner
- Day 2 City tour visit Buddhist and Hindus temples. (As Kathmandu is temple of the city) and guide and Guest meeting.
- Day 3 Kathmandu - To Betrawati, aprx.height 8.50m. (5 hours drive). North of Kathmandu via Trishuli Bazar (Shoping centre for local people, mix caste people from different village, Small River in the camp site)
- Day 4 Betrawati - Kispang (aprx. height 1850m.); 6 hours walk. (Steep up, mix village, farm and Shaal forest)
- Day 5 Kispang - Thulo Chaur (aprx. height 2350m.); 5 hours walk. (Great tamang culture, village, School, Monastry, stupa, farm, waterfall)
- Day 6 Thulo Chaur - Gonga (aprx. height 3000m.)4 hours walk. (Nice and deep mix forest, Animals)
- Day 7 Gonga - Rupchet (aprx. height 3800m.); this is the base camp of Shing La Top; 4 hours walk. (Deep rhododendron and pine forest, good chance to see the animals including monkey, great Himalayan chane of Langtnag and Tibet range.
- Day 8 Rupchet - Shing La pass (aprx. height 4400.) or Sing La Top (aprx. height 4600m– Cherma (aprx. height 2900m.); 7-8 hours walk. (High top, early moring Singla for Amazing Mountains view with sunrise, deep forest)
- Day 9 Cherma - Meyghang (aprx. height 2300m.) 6 hours walk. Nice forest, nice tamang village, great Mountain View and farm.)
- Day 10 Meyghang –Tharpu or Sally (Aprx height 1900m) 5 hrs. (Nice terrace farm, mix caste village, local shoping place, Mountain View)
- Day 11 Tharpu or Sally -Jyamrung (Sharabensi) (aprx. height 900m.); 5 hours walk (great, mix village, nice farm)
- Day 12 Jyamrung (Sharebensi) stay local house, teaching in school, working with local people as their daily activity, fishing, swimming as you like.
- Day 13 Jyamrung (Sherebensi) –Jyamrung Durbar (Old king palace) (aprx. height 1800m.); 2 hours walk. Village, local shopingtown, old king palace, Mountain View, celebrating last night
- Day 14 Jyamrung Durbar-Golabhanjyang (1 hrs walk) –Kathmandu, 6 hrs drive.
- Day 15 Visiting project, Shoping or Sightseeing
- Day 16 Depture.