EVEREST BASE CAMP TREK>>
From Kathmandu we fly to Lukla, and the adventure begins as we land at its tiny airstrip. We spend several days trekking through the homelands of the Sherpa people, among their villages and Buddhist monasteries, with distant views of Everest and neighbouring Ama Dablam, considered by many to be among the most beautiful mountains in Nepal. A day is spent at Namche Bazaar, the bustling market town in the heart of Sherpa country, and at Pheriche a cluster of houses set among the high summer grazing pastures of the region. These rest days allow time to explore further and to acclimatize, an important factor in your enjoyment of the trek. Those who have fully acclimatized may trek to the Everest Base Camp but without doubt, the highlight for most will be the awe-inspiring views which unfold from the summit of Kala Pattar - the chaotic ice sculptures of the Khumbu Glacier, Nuptse and the south-west face of Everest itself. Not forgetting, of course, the personal sense of achievement that many experience at the end of their trek, when it is all over and we fly back to Kathmandu.
During the trek we follow the main Everest Base Camp Trail, the route pioneered and still used by many climbing expeditions. The trail is well maintained and apart from the walk up Kala Pattar and the final stretch to base camp, not particularly demanding. What makes it hard going is the altitude, which may affect your performance, though rest days are built into the trek to help you acclimatize. Most trekking days allow ample time to cover the distance at a leisurely pace. To enjoy the trek fully you need to be fit and a regular hill walker. Previous trekking experience is obviously an asset, but is not essential.
- Starting from Lukla 25 minutes flight from Kathmandu
- Ending at Lukla 25 minutes flight to Kathmandu
- Highest access of the trek Kalapattar 5545Meters
- Culture Buddhist/Sherpa Culture
- Mode of trekking tour Tea house (Lodge to Lodge)
- Himalayan sights Mt. Everest, Amadablam,Thamserku, Kusum Kagaroo, Kwande, Nuptse, Lotse etc
- Most Attraction of the trek Fell the high altitude trek, experience the Sherpa Nepalese culture and touch the Mount Everest. Himalayan
- Trip Duration 14 days
- Trek Grade Moderate to Strenuous
- Group Size 1 (Minimum)
- Best Time March, April, May and, September, Oct, Nov, Dec
- Per day walking 4 to 6 hours